Fishing with Dave and Chris 6/10/2022 : Juls WFA Blog
 Call Capt Juls: 419-835-7347
Juls Walleye Fishing Adventures
Lake Erie Walleye-Perch Fishing Charters-Running 7 days a week!
HomeYour CaptainRatesWeatherPhotosRecipesContact BlogVideosReviews
6-Pack Charters & Hotels

Insert text here.

Fishing with Dave and Chris 6/10/2022

by Capt Juls on 06/10/22

Picked my crew up my Wisco crew at the White Caps Motel at 4:30 and headed to Huron to launch, this morning. We were in the water by 5am, and taking that slow no-wake out of the river at 5mph. We were up on plane and headed east by 5:20. And, by 5:45 we were fishing.

The air temp was 57 degrees, the water temp was 65.7 degrees (down from Monday's 66.9 degrees, when I was over there last), and the wind was less than 5mph out of the south. The sky was clear, and the sun was still below the horizon.

Because we only needed 18 fish in the cooler, I opted to only run the 4 dipsey rods again. And, to be fast as they were biting this morning, we could have cut it down to just two rods, and kept them busy, but the two rods on each side kept them busier, so I left them alone. The first rod in, had a fish on it within seconds, but I didn't tell them right away. I let them finish setting up the other three rods and then told them, "there's a fish on that first one". "Already?", Dave asked, laughing. "Yeah, it got hit right away", I said.

We had our 3-person limit by 7:15, and kept on fishing for another 1/2 hour, playing catch and release, and then they decided it was a good time to go in and have breakfast.

They had a good time this morning, and handled the dipsies like pros. They do a lot of salmon fishing with dips, so it wasn't something new to them. That made my job this morning very easy, and that makes me happy! :)

Dipsies set on the zero setting at 25 and 27 back, and the two settings started at 35 and 37 back, but were later moved to 50 back.  Spoon color did not matter. Speed was 2.5-2.8mph.

I have the same crew tomorrow. I'll see what the wind will be doing in the morning and decide if we will be going out of Huron again, or someplace else.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls

Comments (0)

Leave a comment