Fishing with Steve and Sara Lubner 7/25-27/17 : Juls WFA Blog
 Call Capt Juls: 419-835-7347
Juls Walleye Fishing Adventures
Lake Erie Walleye-Perch Fishing Charters with a Seasoned Boat Captain!
HomeYour CaptainRatesWeatherPhotosRecipesContact BlogVideosReviews

Insert text here.

Fishing with Steve and Sara Lubner 7/25-27/17

by Capt Juls on 07/30/17

Sorry for the delay in posting this....I got caught up in binge watching HBO's "Game of Thrones", and everything else was put on the back burner until I got caught up with all 7 seasons! :)

Last week, I had Steve and Sara Lubner, from Wisconsin,  for three days of fishing.  On day one, we perch fished and caught our limit with a pretty steady pick of 8-11 inch perch north of Catawba.

On day two of their trip, we headed to Huron to launch, so we could try to catch some walleye, but two and a half hours into the trip, we only had one walleye to show for it, and the radio confirmed a slow bite for most of the captains over there. So, we packed up and headed back to Catawba to launch again and went for more perch.  We only caught one limit in the time we had left though.

Then, on day three, they got up an hour earlier and we hit Mazurik's at 5:45 to launch. I headed north to find some perch in another area, but it was a weird bite for me on Thursday.  We hit several spots, and each time it was the same...the Helix would mark a ton of fish that looked "Perchy", and I would hit the spot lock on the Ulterra....someone would catch one within seconds of getting a bait down there, but then it would shut off and the bite would be very slow after that.  We did manage a limit for them, but it took all 6 hours to do it.

Steve and Sara had a good time, and enjoyed the good weather we had on their days fishing, and enjoyed some of the town's offerings when they were on shore.

My Friday/Sunday perch trip was rescheduled (same guys both days), due to Friday's weather being a big NE blow.  And, my Saturday was also rescheduled, because of wind.

I don't have anything scheduled this week, but I might get out on Tuesday with a client, if he can put a crew together.  I'll be leaving Friday for my annual Meta Lake Lodge fly in fishing trip for pike.  We were originally supposed to be leaving on Tuesday, but plans changed, and it was too late for me to book the open days....sigh.

The hardest part of leaving is leaving my doggies.....but, their friend Lesa will be staying here to keep them company, and to watch over everything...they love her, and I know they are in good hands. :)

I am excited and anxious to get back up to Meta Lake. It's one of those trips where I start counting the days as soon as I leave there, until I can go back up. lol

I think Capt Kevin has some off days this week too, so more than likely, if neither of us books any perch trips, we will be out getting some for ourselves. I don't have any in the freezer right now. :(

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls

Comments (0)

Leave a comment